Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year

Well that is 2010 over, roll on 2011
I normally see out the old year with a retrospective, depressive look back.....................as is the way with optimists apparently LOL
This year I am surprisingly up beat, I have to say it is no small part down to my beary friends, both other artists and my collectors. Their support has been invaluable to me and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
It has an up and down year, not great big troughs but there certainly has been some high peaks along the way, coming 3rd in the miniature category of The National Teddy Bear awards and being nominated in the The British Bear Artist Awards, as well as having a half page picture in The Teddy Bear Times.

The low point has to be the holiday in Moffat, the place was fine but hubby was not!!! Men. It did teach me a lesson, though.........................let him choose the holiday location!!!! LOL
I am not into new year resolutions but this year I have decided to go for it, so here is my list.....
1. Save for Christmas, £10 per week.............that should cover it
2. Get Morrisons saving stamps every week, boy was that Christmas shop expensive!
3. Stick to my food budget, no matter how appealing my hubby looks, when holding a rhubarb crumble
4. Save all excess monies above the budget! Oh this one will be a toughie
5. Learn to make bear clothes, real fancy ones
6. Go back to my diet.............obviously all thorntons must be eaten first
So by next Christmas I will be calm, slim and wealthy..................................miracles do happen you know, LOLOL
I have just managed to pack a few last bears into last year too, both of them pressies, one for mum and one for my daughter. Hubby is now complaining that he wants a bear but it will be awhile as he wants a natural bear!!!!!
Here is my mums bear, whom she named Archie
 
and here is my daughters bear...........Scarlet
So have a great start to 2011 and I hope this year brings you all that you want
Beary Hugs
Sue xxx

No comments: