Tuesday 14 December 2010

Going with the flow

Gosh what a week and a bit, I have had, I can't begin to tell you. I know it may appear that I have a very chaotic, sometimes traumatic life but these past few days have seen me go from the depths of despair to complete euphoria and back crashing to earth again.
To explain the despair and euphoria would be very difficult................well lets just say blogs have ears and it would really cause havoc to explain, some of you are facebook friends and hopefully you will understand why it would be bad for me to go into details here. In my life I have met some very beautiful people and also some very evil ones, the latter I seem to attract in abundance..................why I will never know but I am an easy going person who just likes to be liked, maybe that is why people think they can do anything to me and I will just roll over and take their rubbish. I am normally an out going person, yet when I get hurt I shrink into myself and the melancholy me comes to the fore........................................so it was with great anticipation and delight that I headed off to Brighton for the British Bear Artist Awards. We had a bit of a car full with hubby, daughter and Chloe of Je Suis Lugly. Boy was it a great day out, at the new venue of Brighton Racecourse, hubby was on best behaviour, bless him. Well until the awards had finished and he said "come on lets go" !!!!!!!! ER NOOOOOO! what ensued then was a hissed domestic, I could have strangled him, everyone must have thought I was upset about not winning an award, so if you hear anyone say I was looking po-faced or angry........................it was directed at hubby NOT the lack of prize LOLOLOLOL Men!!!!!!
The bears were superb, how they managed to judge the awards I will never know, I have to say a huge congrats to Richard who won the newcomers award, to Marilyn for the Teddy Bear Times award, Sue Quinn and to our passenger Chloe for coming 3rd in her category.
It was so nice to meet artists with whom I have an internet friendship but have yet to meet up with and those that I know already, Marilyn (Barling Bears) is a darling, she is the nicest person you would wish to meet and she is every bit as sweet as her bears.I also met Dawn (The Old Post Office Bears) I have admired her bears since I first saw them on ebay and they do not disappoint in the fur, well done to her too for her awards, she said the most kindest think to me about my bears, it really lifted my spirits after such a shocking week. I was able to catch up with  Sue Quinn...............what a truly fabulous lady and oh I am so going to buy one of her bears ...........................oh oh and I want a Bisson Bear too. (sucks thumb whilst pouting)
The busyness didn't stop there as we had to travel to QMC at Nottingham the following day, gee was I tired last night, did a bit of retail shopping..............well I didn't (I am broke, again, spend my life being broke LOL) but daughter got a very nice handbag from River Island.................another one, she tells me that one can never have enough handbags, um thats me a fashion pariah then.
Finally I have listed my BBAA Nominee's on ebay, they deserve to be loved instead of sitting on my stuffy shelves, I know they weren't stars on the day but they are stars to me 
If you have a chance take a peak and a punt...............................................
Tallulah dragonfly
and Caledonia Brae



Beary hugs for now
Sue xx

No comments: