Tuesday 28 September 2010

Double Delight

What a week, last week was. Firstly I found out that I had been nominated in, not one but two categories of the British Bear Artists Awards and then I trot to W H Smiths to see if they have Teddy Bear Times. To my absolute delight I find that have not one bear but two featured in the teddy talk section. Don't you think they look fabulous..........................I have to say that a new editor has certainly sprused this magazine up, it is now pack with all sorts of bears and real ones too.


As for the rest of the week, well it was a bit dull in comparison and work was, as ever, very busy.
Bear-wise I am currently making some more girly bears but slightly bigger ones at around 12 inches and I had a good mohair scavange at the weekend and it's amazing what you find, a lovely tipped beige/brown curly found its way into my hand, so after I have finished my other two, I plan to make an even bigger one at around 15 inches.
I was asked the other day what was my least liked bit of bear making, funny as most people ask you what you like best, I have to say as I was sat on Sunday morning trimming, this question sprung to mind. The task is one that I have decided that I detest and is now made all the more difficult by the diappearing sun and the appearing rain..................(normally sit on back step and the birds get the mohair!!) The usual Sunday roast had an added ingredient this week!!! Well what can one do, being covered head to toe in ginger and old rose bits does make it hard to dish up.
Other things happening.....................................nothing really, boring aren't I?
Oh next door are having their roof re done, very expensive indeed. I have to appeal on my daughter behalf as she has been declined for Adult Learning Grant, its really tough on her, she has had to watch all her friends get EMA but because we earn too much, only just mind, she couldn't have a penny.......................now what message does that give our youngsters...................don't work when your older, the government will look after you!!!!. The whole idea of EMA and ALG is to encourage youngsters to continue with their education but to then say that a small minority of you can't have any money because your parents are doing what we are trying to encourage you to do, well it's no wonder the country has a deficit. Oops getting off my soapbox now............the benefit system needs sorting.
LOLOLOL
Beary Hugs
Sue xxxx

1 comment:

Leny said...

Hello,

Love your bears,follow you now.

Hope you will visit and follow me too.

Bearhugs,
Leny