Monday 9 August 2010

Hurry, hurry and all things mechanical

Cars, why do women never understand them, at this point I would like to say what a mystery they are but I will not insult womanhood by declaring such things...................men invented cars, have continued to claim them for their own....................so cars are quite frankly inefficient, noisy and more complex than they need to be.
We are off on our hols in 2 weeks, arrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh. We have tried everything to sort our Jeep, its a cracking car....................ok I know it kills the ozone and uses more petrol than BP but we only do 2000 miles in her a year................promise. Anyway she is coughing and spluttering away, she has a new distributor cap, rotary arm, air filter, battery and lastly a fuel filter.........that's major surgery.....................one tank removed and filter inserted, then stitched up again. Luckily we are members of Green Flag Caravan recovery!!!!! so cross your fingers, LOLOL

I have recently attended the Bears to Collect annual teddy show and I have to say it's a beaut. They include other select crafts, so there is a nice mix, jewellery, cards, soap's etc as well as bears. I have to admit to being very nervous, now I know that I am not a shrinking violet BUT this was an event that you have to be asked to attend, so hand picked!!!! posh or what. I really needn't have worried I had a ball, there were loads of collectors and I have to say that I have been in touch with The Guinness Book of Records about their talking records, both speed and volume!!!!!!!! I didn't stop all day and lots of bears went to new homes with their new mum's and dad's
I am now a little short on bears, with the Nottingham Bear Fair looming on Bank Holiday Monday, so I have to tell you I am burning the midnight oil........................well that's not quite true but sounds better than getting up at 6am to sew!!!! LOLOLOL I have 4 new bears to complete today and 4 to cut tomorrow..................plus the holiday in between.

This is Tulip she is a new one from me, she is 8 inches tall and I am really chuffed with this new direction that I have taken, it's more me, if you know what I mean .....................
......................this is Fleur, she is now living with her new mum Deborah............................


Oh yes and don't forget my give away........
.....for Peaches......
....just join my mailing list
(see my prvious post for piccie)
Mailing List
Beary Hugs
Sue

xxx

4 comments:

Heather said...

These two little guys are adorable!!

FenBeary Folk said...

Ah thank you Heather xxx

Southern Bears said...

I absolutely LOVE your new style!!

Pat xx

FenBeary Folk said...

Ah thank you Pat, Tulip has now found a new home too xxxx