Wednesday 17 June 2009

Blueberry and life


Well long time no post, as they say.
Life in the FenLand household has seen quite a few highs and lows these last few weeks, surfice it to say, I am not sure if I have met myself coming back yet but there was something vaguely familiar about this woman I passed last week, hehe LOL.
Oh where to begin, I will not bore you with the very personal stuff, lets just say it can be a tough life sometimes and Gordon (Brown) if you are reading this, Please flippin well do something about the pirates, no not the Carribean ones, the Credit card ones!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway enough of that depressing stuff and on to lighter things................
I would like to introduce Blueberry, he is my latest wee chubby little fella. He was for a birthday present and winged his way to N. Ireland the other week.


I am glad to say he was a hit, which is just as well because I adored his cute chubby cheaks and the little tummy he has, so he nearly didn't go anywhere!! I am still very busy with commissions and for every bear I make I seem to add 2 more to my order book, which is lovely.

A bear that I made a while ago for my mum's reunion group The Prince Rupert School, Wilhemshaven, Germany was in a raffle at the Annual Reunion, the bear went down a storm and will be featured in their newsletter which is due out in July. I understand that there quite a few enquiries about the bear, so I may be making a few more, just cross your fingers for me.............................the credit card monster has to be fed somehow, you know!!

Ah, yes, my baby was 18 last week.....................OMG did I just say 18, I really can't get my head around this one. I swear I have only just stopped buying nappies, I blinked and she grew up. I can't say that it makes me feel broody, its more of a nostalgic feel and a scream of

"NO I AM NOT THAT OLD YET"

I am one proud mum, she is a credit to herself- kind, thoughtful and caring.

Other beary news, the BBAA are fast approaching (entry by 31st July, piccies by September, I think) and planning is underway...........in my head though. I think I will enter two catagories this year, its all a bit scary. I was in the beginners class last year and boy was that tough but if you don't enter then you don't strive to be the best you can be and push your boundaries, well that what I think.

Bye bye for now and lots of beary hugs to you all

Sue

XXXXXXXXXXX

7 comments:

Southern Bears said...

Hi Sue, your Blueberry is very handsome and I am sure that his new mama will adore him. He has a very unusual coat colour . You have been away for ages so welcome back!

Pat xx

Pauline said...

Hello Sue, nice to see you blogging, gorgeous little blue fairy bear, his mum is lucky.

A late happy birthday to your lovely daughter, don't they grow up fast.

Hugs
Pauline

Jigpaws said...

Hi Sue,
Just stopped by to say thank you for popping in to my blog and leaving your lovely congrat message.....I really appreciate it :O)
I'm sure your daughter would love the course, it's really very interesting....good luck to her in whatever she chooses to do :O)
And good luck to you with the BBAA....can't wait to see piccies of your entry!!

Hugs
Janice

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
customteddys said...

Hi Sue, I've been missing you and glad to read your latest post. I know sometimes "stuff" happens, life happens, things happens... kids grow up... yes, way too fast. I love your blue bear.. stay happy my friend, Vicki

FenBeary Folk said...

Ah Girls thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it.
It was a bit of a hard post to write, as you know I am a bit truthful and it was hard not to go into gory details. But it would have ended up being a bit of a sorry post and there are a lot more worse off people than me. I do have a couple of irons in the fire (bank charges reclaim and PPI insurance reclaim) so hopefully in the future it will be sorted, it just takes so long to research and letters................going on again
Huggies back at you all
Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All Bear by Paula said...

Good to hear from you again Sue!

Hey, I know that scream too ... trouble is the mirror screams back at me, 'oh yes you are lady!' LOL!